Cappadocia Turkey June 2016 with CC.
I am an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at the University of Alabama in the Department of Mathematics.
My research is in the areas of geometry and topology of low dimensional manifolds and symplectic and contact topology and Heegaard-Floer homology.
I moved to the University of Alabama in August 2016. Previously, I was a Whyburn Instructor at the University of Virginia from 2013-2016, and before that was a CRM postdoc in Montreal, Canada from 2012-2013. I received my PhD in mathematics from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 2012. My supervisor was John B. Etnyre. I was a visiting scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in Bonn from May-August 2014, and a member of Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley from January-June 2010.
- Angela Wu, Sam Lisi, and I are co-organizing a special session on "Low Dimensional Symplectic and Contact Topology, Their Invariants and Interactions" at AMS Fall Southeastern Sectional Meeting at University of South Alabama, Nov 20-21, 2021.
- I will be spending the months of September through November of 2019 in Montreal, visiting CIRGET. During this time, I will also attend a month long "CRM 50th Anniversary Program: Low Dimensional Topology" in Montreal as a CRM-Simons Scholar in Residence.
- I will be attending IAS/park City Mathematics Program on "Quantum Field Theory and Manifold Invariants" from June 30-July 21 in Park City Utah.
- Mangala Krishnamurthy and I are co-organizing a Public Lecture: Why does Ramanujan, "The Man Who Knew Infinity" matter by Ken Ono @ 5pm March 5, 2019 in LY 38.
- John Etnyre, Shea Vela-Vick and I are co-organizing a special session on "Geometry and Topology of Low Dimensional Manifolds, and Their Invariants" at AMS Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting at Auburn University, March 16-17, 2019.
- I am organizing a Public Lecture: “Becoming a Mathematician in Turn-of-the-Twentieth-Century America: The Women’s Story” by Karen Parshall , @ 5pm March 18, 2019 in Gorgas 205